Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: What is a Boundless fabric and how did you get so much of it? A: Boundless is a type of high quality fabric that was launched on Craftsy.com in 2016. Bluprint acquired Craftsy, and then Bluprint closed in 2020 and sold the majority of their Boundless fabric inventory to Lorraine Fabrics. Quilting Cat Crafts acquired the majority of the Boundless fabric inventory from Lorraine Fabrics in 2022.
2. Q: Why is Boundless fabric better than a standard fabric I might buy? Boundless is premium fabric that is typically thicker and higher density than standard fabric. An exception to this is the Boundless Batik line, which is lightweight high quality fabric hand dyed through a unique process and beautifully designed.
3. Q: Why is an accountant selling fabric? A: Next question.
4. Q: Who is Catnip? A: Great husband and co-owner, helps with the business and the website.
5. Q: What are kits and why don't they have patterns? Kits are a collection of different fabrics that were intended to design a quilt according to a set pattern. Originally Craftsy engaged individuals to design patterns with the agreement that they would maintain exclusive rights over those patterns, and when they sold the inventory they did not relinquish those rights. Therefore we can sell the kits to be used as fabric for quilting and stash builders, but we cannot provide the original patterns.
6. Q. How do I place an order and come and pick it up in person? A: Choose the pickup option during checkout. Call us at 682-256-2839 and we can help schedule a time for your visit to make sure we are there to greet you. Our office is not generally open to the public so we need an arranged appointment for your visit.
7. Q: Will your prices always stay this low? A: We cannot guarantee that our prices will stay this low indefinitely. Over time our costs accumulate due to cost of storage, inflation, services and other factors. However, our goal is to keep prices low for our customers.
8. Q. When will you be able to ship to other countries? A: We have some experience sending to Canada, but other countries are still unavailable during checkout. If you are interested in placing an order to ship internationally, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
9. Q. Do you offer special deals for wholesalers? A: Yes, our site automatically applies a 20% discount for large orders over $1000. Simply place an order on the site. If you would like to make other arrangements for wholesale purchasing, please contact us to discuss.
10. Why are there so many different, varying sizes? A: The fabric is precut in the sizes listed. At manufacturing, various fabrics were cut in various sizes (ranging from 1 - 9 yards).
11. Do you cut fabric to order from bolts? A: Typically our fabric is not on a bolt - instead, it is precut by the manufacturer in exact yardage and protected in plastic. Our experience has shown that unlike fabric cut from a bolt, the precut fabric has far less fraying. For our very large cuts of fabric, we may offer cutting to provide smaller cuts as options.
12. Do you offer wide 108" fabric? A: We carry Boundless fabric, all of which measures 44" wide. We carry a number of large cuts (up to 9+ yards) and these cuts make excellent quilt backs.